The Arizona Cardinals won’t be at the top of my week one power rankings, nevertheless, here are my power rankings for this week going into the first weekend of NFL action for 2011. The season starts Thursday night.
1. Green Bay Packers - Until they lose, they are the best. Not many changes from 2010.
2. New England Patriots – Tom Brady and company are back for more offensive fireworks.
3. Atlanta Falcons – Not that they needed extra WR help, but they got it in Julio Jones
4. Pittsburgh Steelers – The beat continues on.
5. Philadelphia Eagles – Michael Vick is going to get beat up bad if the OL does not improve.
6. NY Jets – Could this be their highest ranking all season? Up to Mark Sanchez.
7. Baltimore Ravens -Still a lot of weapons on both sides of the ball.
8. New Orleans Saints - No more Reggie Bush, but still have the tools of a winning team.
9. Houston Texans – If they get out to a hot start again, can they hang on at the end to finally make the playoffs?
10. Detroit Lions – If Matthew Stafford stays healthy, no reason to think this team can’t win a lot of games.
Topics: Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Julio Jones, Mark Sanchez, Michael Vick, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, Reggis Bush, Tom Brady