The Arizona Cardinals 30-10 victory over the St. Louis Rams on Sunday helped propel them to number 10 in the power rankings on both Yahoo and ESPN this week. They were the biggest jumped on ESPN, moving up four spots. The trick will be to maintain or keep moving up. If that happens over these last three weeks, then that probably means the Cards are still in the thick of the playoff race. Here are this weeks power ranking on Raising Zona.
1. Seattle Seahawks – despite their loss on Sunday, they are still the team to beat in the playoffs.
2. Denver Broncos – Peyton Manning was Peyton Manning on Sunday
3. New Orleans Saints – Impressive home win over the Panthers.
4. San Francisco 49ers – great home win over Seattle
5. Kansas City Chiefs – rolled over Washington. It was over early to get back on track
6. New England Patriots – lucky to be 10-3. They are an onside kick and from being 9-4
7. Philadelphia Eagles – Nick Foles threw his first interception* of the season but have command of NFC East
8. Carolina Panthers – after first quarter against the Saints, never looked like the team that had won eight straight
9. Arizona Cardinals – Back to winning ways with Carson Palmers impressive Sunday (27-32 – 84%)
10. Cincinnati Bengals – Cincy getting hot at the right time
11. Detroit Lions – will the real Lions please step up?
12. Indianapolis Colts – have been very unimpressive in past month or so
13. Chicago Bears – Josh McCown playing out of his mind, lots of offense on Monday night win
14. San Diego Chargers – It’s December. Was there any question San Diego would kick it off with a win?
15. Baltimore Ravens – not impressed. Had to come from behind three times in last two minutes at home against Minnesota
16. Miami Dolphins – keeps hope alive after escaping Pittsburgh with a win
17. Dallas Cowboys – almost give them a ranking this high by default. The defense is pathetic
18. Green Bay Packers – Matt Flynn finally brings an Aaron Rodgers-less victory to Green Bay
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – if given a do over- this winner of four out of five might be 9-4 instead of 4-9
20. Pittsburgh Steelers – had the playoffs in their own destiny and then lost consecutive home games. Done
21. Tennessee Titans – valiant effort in Denver on Sunday.
22. NY Jets – they beat Oakland. In NY with Geno Smith, they’ll take it.
23. St. Louis Rams – can’t figure this team out. I do know this – Kellen Clemens is not the future
24. Cleveland Browns – close loss in New England. Up 12 with a couple of minutes left.
25. NY Giants – the misery will soon end
26. Jacksonville Jaguars – props to a team many felt wouldn’t win a game this season. Now they’ve won four of five.
27. Minnesota Vikings – almost beat Baltimore on the road. Still not enough
28. Oakland Raiders – get ready for the Raiders to draft another quarterback
29. Buffalo Bills – what looked like a promising season….
30. Atlanta Falcons – injuries killed them but the healthy ones aren’t performing either. A season Matt Ryan would rather just forget.
31. Houston Texans – first to fire their coach but get a quarterback and get healthy and they won’t be down here next season
32. Washington Redskins – it’s a mess in Washington. Pathetic performance against the Chiefs. Time to shut RGIII down and fire Mike Shanahan.