There were a lot of commercials. Some were very good, not really any great ones and a lot of misses. That being said, the Super Bowl XLVIII commercials weren’t a complete bust. I actually liked a number of them. Here are my top five commercials that aired during the Seattle Seahawks 43-8 thrashing of the Denver Broncos.
1. The Volkswagon commercial was one of the few to make me laugh out loud. The rainbow out the butt at the end was the clincher.
2. The Radio Shack ad was great. I love the back to the 80′s concept. I mean ALF, the California Raisins, Hulk Hogan, Mary Lou Retton? How can an 80′s commercial be any better?
3. I saw a lot of hate for this Coke ad on Twitter. I say shame on you. Some said it was disrespectful and too political. I completely disagree. It showed the diversity of this country. I liked this one a lot.
4. The Doritos Time Machine. I’m a little bias on this one since this is from a local guy Ryan Anderson. We will find out Monday morning if this was the winner of the fan vote, but at the very least it finishes number two. They showed this one in the first quarter. The other finalist was shown in the fourth quarter.
5. Budweiser’s “Puppy Love” was very cute. It was well worth the wait. It was released a few days ahead of the Super Bowl but I refused to watch any of it until this evening. They say good things come to those that wait. Good job Budweiser.