Arizona Cardinals: Ranking The NFC West Quarterbacks
By Scott Allen
Feb 1, 2015; Glendale, AZ, USA; Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson (3) runs with the ball against the New England Patriots in the first quarter in Super Bowl XLIX at University of Phoenix Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
1. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
Don’t worry Seahawks fans, Russell Wilson isn’t going anywhere. Despite the contract issues that have yet to be worked out for Wilson, he remains steadfast in his devotion to the Seahawks. In addition to being the most dangerous quarterback in the NFL he is very genuine and appreciative of the things he’s been given.
Wilson threw for 3,475 yards in 2014 with 20 touchdowns and just seven interceptions. He also ran the ball 118 times for 849 yards. He could become a member of the 3,000 passing yards/1,000 rushing yards club. To me, that makes him dangerous because he can beat you in more than one way. He doesn’t get you the yardage say an Aaron Rodgers would but that’s not the Seahawks style to air it out all the time. Wilson will get his receivers the ball in tight spots though. The most amazing thing to me though is his salary. He is getting paid less than Cardinals backup Drew Stanton. Wilson should and will eventually get paid.
More from Raising Zona
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023