Five Arizona Cardinals Targets from Day Two of NFL Combine
Bucky Hodges is another tight end who plays like a wide receiver
The Cardinals haven’t really used a tight end as a pass catching weapon for a number of years. That said, if they go out and draft a tight end that plays like a wide receiver, maybe they can make it work.
More from Raising Zona
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023
At 6’6″, 257 pounds, Hodges is certainly a tough assignment for a defense. He also has good speed and knows how to go up and get passes over the top. Some evaluators have even said he could move to receiver in the NFL. This ability to play outside when needed might add value for a team like the Cardinals.
Hodges ran a very nice 4.57 40-time, and had an impressive 39″ vertical leap. He also had a ridiculous 11’2″ broad jump. His amazing athletic showing might have catapulted him up draft boards, and he could go as early as round two. The Cardinals might not be inclined to take him that soon, but if he makes it to round three, they might be extremely tempted.