Five Arizona Cardinals Targets from Day Three of NFL Combine
Jordan Willis likely upped his draft stock with a terrific workout at the Combine
The Cardinals just used their franchise tag on pass rusher Chandler Jones, and also has Markus Golden, so an outside linebacker isn’t necessarily a big need. However, a team can never have too many good pass rushers, and could take one this year if the value is there.
More from Raising Zona
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023
One player who made some NFL teams pay attention today was Jordan Willis. The former Kansas State defensive end had 11 1/2 sacks in 2016 and 9 1/2 the year before. He certainly knows a thing or two about getting to the quarterback.
In his workout today, Willis started off by running a lightning-fast 4.53 40 yard dash. He also excelled in the agility drills, posting a 6.85 second three cone drill, which was the best of all the defensive linemen. He competed well all day, and he drew lots of attention for it. The Cardinals might not have edge rusher on their list of immediate needs, but if the value is there, adding Willis might become an option.