It would be easy to say this guy came out of pretty much nowhere. However again, the Cardinals knew what they were doing with this tight end out of Texas A&M.
He is a cousin of former Los Angeles Rams running back Eric Dickerson. However Seals-Jones is doing everything on his own name and making it known.
More from Raising Zona
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023
Over the last three games he has nine receptions for 170-yards and three touchdowns. That may not seem like much but when your tight-end position has not lived up to much, this is saying something over such a short time frame.
The Cardinals ask their tight ends to be able to block first but it would seem there has been a trend for quarterback Blaine Gabbert to look to tight ends more often. A short passing game lends itself to that.
Even going forward though, with or without Gabbert, the Cardinals have truly found something in Seals-Jones. He has proven more reliable than Jermaine Gresham recently. Now he could challenge to take over the number one tight end spot on the depth chart in 2018.