Fans To Vote For Winner On NFL.com and Via Sprint Wireless Service
Tight end DUSTIN KELLER of the New York Jets, fullback/linebacker SPENCER LARSEN of the Denver Broncos, cornerback DOMINIQUE RODGERS-CROMARTIE of the Arizona Cardinals, running back STEVE SLATON of the Houston Texans and running back JONATHAN STEWART of the Carolina Panthers are the finalists for DIET PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK honors for games played on November 13 – 17, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one of these five players on NFL.com/rookies beginning Tuesday at 8am ET and ending on Friday at noon ET to determine the DIET PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK. The DIET PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK will be announced Friday afternoon on NFL.com/rookies.
In addition, for the fourth year, NFL fans may cast their votes for the DIET PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK using phones with Sprint wireless service – an opportunity available only to Sprint customers. This fast, convenient voting method involves texting the word PEPSI to short code 7777. Sprint customers will then receive an interactive text message that links fans to the ballot with the five finalists each week. Data and text messaging rates may apply.
After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/rookies throughout the month of January. The winner will be announced at a press conference at Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa Bay.
A closer look at the finalists:
- New York Jets’ DUSTIN KELLER made eight receptions for 87 yards including three in overtime to set up the winning field goal in the Jets’ 34 – 31 win against the New England Patriots on NFL Network’s Thursday Night Football.
- Denver’s SPENCER LARSEN was the first Broncos player in team history to start on offense and defense. Larsen had seven tackles as Denver beat the Atlanta Falcons 24 – 20.
- Arizona’s DOMINIQUE RODGERS-CROMARTIE had four tackles and two interceptions including one with just under two minutes remaining as the Cardinals beat the Seattle Seahawks 26 – 20.
- Houston’s STEVE SLATON rushed for 156 yards including a 71-yard touchdown in the Texans’ 33 – 27 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.
- Carolina’s JONATHAN STEWART rushed for 130 yards and a touchdown on 15 attempts in the Panthers’ 31 – 22 victory over the Detroit Lions.
This is Pepsi’s seventh year as the official soft drink sponsor of the NFL and the fourth year that Diet Pepsi will present the NFL Rookie of the Week and NFL Rookie of the Year awards.
# # #
Fans To Vote For Winners On NFL.com
FedEx To Deliver Funding For Safe Kids Organizations On Behalf of Winning Players In
Their Teams’ Markets
Quarterbacks KERRY COLLINS of the Tennessee Titans, PEYTON MANNING of the Indianapolis Colts and KURT WARNER of the Arizona Cardinals are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on November 13 – 17, while running backs RYAN GRANT of the Green Bay Packers, WILLIE PARKER of the Pittsburgh Steelers and DE ANGELO WILLIAMS of the Carolina Panters are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week honors, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through 11 a.m. EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday afternoon on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program for the first time, FedEx is teaming up with Safe Kids USA – a national non-profit organization that works to prevent accidental injury among children – to deliver safer kids by making weekly $1,000 donations in the winning players’ names. The funding directly benefits local Safe Kids coalitions in that team’s city, to fund pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year. This year, FedEx celebrates its fifth year of the program and will surpass the $1 million mark in funding to create safer communities for children.
New this season, fans can tune into the “FedEx Air & Ground Lowdown” posted only on NFL.com/FedEx starting Wednesday mornings. The show examines the nominees in the Air & Ground categories through exclusive video highlights and expert analysis. NFL Network’s MARSHALL FAULK and TERRELL DAVIS host the weekly five-minute show.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Tennessee’s KERRY COLLINS completed 13 of 23 attempts for 230 yards and three touchdowns in the Titans’ 24 – 14 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Indianapolis’ PEYTON MANNING totaled 320 yards in the air and two touchdowns completing 30 of 46 attempts in the Colts’ 33 – 27 win over the Houston Texans.
- Arizona’s KURT WARNER completed 32 of 44 attempts for 395 yards and a touchdown in the Cardinals’ 26 – 20 win over the Seattle Seahawks.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
· Green Bay’s RYAN GRANT tallied 145 yards and one touchdown as the Packers defeated division rival Chicago Bears 37 – 3.
· Pittsburgh’s WILLIE PARKER rushed for 115 yards on 25 attempts to contribute to the Steelers’ 410 total yards on offense in the Steelers’ 11 – 10 win over the San Diego Chargers.
· Carolina’s DE ANGELO WILLIAMS carried the ball 14 times, rushing for 120 yards and two touchdowns in the Panthers’ 31 – 22 win over the Detroit Lions.
FedEx, the premier global provider of transportation, e-commerce and supply-chain management services, is the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl. Through the weekly FedEx Air & Ground Awards, FedEx recognizes those NFL players who represent the same speed, precision and teamwork that their customers have come to expect from the full range of FedEx air, ground, freight and international shipping services, delivering safer kids in the process. With thousands of trucks out on the roads each day, FedEx is committed to improving pedestrian safety for children, by funding education programs and environmental improvements, from signage and crosswalks to pedestrian walkways near schools and playgrounds.