The Arizona Cardinals lost to the San Diego Chargers on Saturday night in game three of the preseason 34-31. There were some takeaways that both left me excited and nervous about the regular season which starts in less than two weeks from now.
First, the good. There were a lot of positives to take from last night’s game, so there is stuff to build on.
- Kevin Kolb. He is looking more and more comfortable. His 80-yard touchdown pass to the Larry Fitzgerald was just hopefully an appetizer to the season.
- Patrick Peterson. Still a lot to learn, but his pick-six gives him a positive to build on going into the season.
- Beanie Wells. His ran hard, didn’t put the ball on the ground. He looked like a man who could find holes with consistency.
- The offensive line. Their play was much better. They provided some nice blocks, nice holes. A ways still to go, but….
Of course there was the bad….
- Bend but don’t break defense did make plays at times, but pretty much let the Chargers offense run up and down the field.
and the ugly….
- A.J. Jefferson and Marshay Green didn’t exactly make plays that made us miss the days of Antrel Rolle or Aeneas Williams. Jefferson got beat, Green got beat a few times in the last game-winning drive. I have a hard time believing either one makes the team.