Well, the Arizona Cardinals are who we thought they were. Those two wins in the last two weeks were just a tease. The Cardinals are not a very good football team, as the game against the 49ers clearly proved.
Here are six observations about the game:
1) When you convert only 1 out of 9 third down plays, you are pretty much guaranteed to lose the football game.
2) When your time of possession was only 15 minutes (not the first half…the entire game!), you are pretty much guaranteed to lose the football game.
3) When you turn the ball over five times, you are pretty much guaranteed to lose the football game.
4) I do feel bad for the Cardinals defense and special teams unit. In the first half they blocked two field goals and (with a little help from some bad throws by Alex Smith) managed to keep the Niners out of the end zone and only gave up nine points. They were giving the Cardinals offense every opportunity to stay in the game and score. Unfortunately, the Cardinals offense decided not to show up this week.
5) Is there anyone among Cardinals fans who still thinks John Skelton is a better quarterback than Kevin Kolb and should keep the starting job as quarterback when Kolb returns from his injury?
6) You know it has been a bad week for the Cardinals when the most enjoyable highlight of the game is Early Doucet getting into a scuffle with Deshon Goldson.