The Arizona Cardinals head north this Sunday to face the winless Minnesota Vikings. That could be a scary proposition since the Vikings are winless. They are an 0-4 team that easily could be 4-0. Problem is, they make them play second halves. The Cards problem is they make them play 60 minutes. if they had to play 55-58 minutes, the Cards would be 3-1 at worst. It is what it is though. Here are the top five keys to the Cards beating the Vikings on Sunday.
1. Run the ball: Beanie Wells ran the ball 27 times last week for 138 yards. That needs to continue, of course along with the passing game top create a balanced attack
2. More than one read: Kevin Kolb does get into a rut sometimes making just one read. He needs to look for his secondary receivers.
3. Offensive line protection: The Vikings pass rush is something else. Jared Allen is on fire this season. The Cards offensive line has been pretty much just that – offensive. It could be a long day. Protect Protect Protect.
4. Proper play calling: You can’t go for it on the 20 on fourth and 1 and then make it to the 10 and not do the same in the same situation. It creates mixed signals. Third and 11 also is not a time to run a two-yard out route.
5. The intangibles: Limit penalties and turnovers, make plays on special teams. It will all have to come together to come away with a win.