Despite the Record, Many Things For Cardinals Fans to be Thankful for
I’ve complied a list of things I am thankful for this season as an Arizona Cardinals fan. Granted, the Cards are 3-7 and looking to struggle to finish with the same record as last season. However, there are still things I’ve found I can be thankful for in this losing season.
1. At least the games aren’t in Sun Devil Stadium
2. Kent Graham could still be the quarterback, so I am thankful he is no longer
3. Dave Pasch and Ron Wolfley – one of the best radio announcing tandem’s around
4. Home game sellouts – thanks! This allows me to save my money and watch from home
5. Patrick Peterson – yes, he might be struggling on defense but he is already a special-teams superstar. He will eventually reach that level on defense
6. We beat the Philadelphia Eagles – in Philadelphia. The post-game talk in Phoenix and Philly was some of the most entertaining ever
7. NFL Redzone – so I can change the channel after a John Skelton interception and go watch another game
8. Kevin Kolb – don’t hate. Be thankful. Give him time. I think 2012 will be special.
9. You the fans and readers of raisingzona.com
10. That there even was a season to begin with. The NFL was smart enough to know how much damage it would do to players, fans, owners, etc., to not have a season or even a shortened one. Too bad the NBA couldn’t figure that out. We have labor peace in the NFL for the next 10 years. So, we will have a full off-season between 2011 and 2012. A full off-season of OTA’s, mini-camp’s, signing free agents in March instead of August, and a full six-plus months of preparation to right the ship for 2012.
Follow raisingzona.com on Twitter
Follow Scott Allen on Twitter @azsportsguy