The Arizona Cardinals are back on the practice field on Wednesday but again without defensive end Calais Campbell but good news on running back Andre Ellington.
Arizona Cardinals running back Andre Ellington was at practice today without a walking boot on Wednesday, though he was limited. As for Cards defensive end Calais Campbell, he is still unable to practice. Also not practicing is tight end Troy Niklas.
More from Cardinals News
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023
For Ellington, Cards coach Bruce Arians said being out of the walking boot was “good for Wednesday”. However he remained limited in practice, so take that bit of news for what it’s worth. This is likely to be an issue for most of the season. Taking a hit to the ribs on Sunday against the Oakland Raiders didn’t help much either. His foot has been an issue since week one though.
As for Campbell, it is somewhat disappointing to hear that he wasn’t practicing. No word on what his status will be for the rest of the week. If he doesn’t practice this week, he is likely to miss his third game since suffering an MCL strain on October 5th on an illegal chop block by Denver Broncos tight end Julius Thomas.
Also limited on Wednesday was receiver John Brown and cornerback Rashad Johnson. Quarterback Carson Palmer is all the way back. He is practicing in full today.