Arizona Cardinals May Not Face Darren Sproles
By Scott Allen
Philadelphia Eagles running back Darren Sproles was injured two weeks ago against the New York Giants
The Arizona Cardinals may not have to face Philadelphia running back Darren Sproles on Sunday afternoon at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. He is officially listed as questionable but per Jay Glazer of Fox NFL Sunday he likely won’t play.
More from Cardinals News
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023
Glazer used the word “doubtful” when describing Sproles status. When he injured himself a couple of weeks ago, it initially looked bad but after a day they thought he wouldn’t miss any time with the bye week last week.
Sproles is a lot like the Cards running back Andre Ellington and reminds people some of former Cards running back Larry Centers. He can beat you in multiple ways. He can run and catch and finds holes and will run over people. He’s a weapon you love to watch play when he isn’t beating your team up.
Nothing will be official until the inactives report comes out around 11:30am. For now though, we will assume he won’t play based on Glazer’s report. Stay tuned.