Official: Katy Perry Is Super Bowl XLIX Halftime Entertainment
By Scott Allen
Sunday Night Football’s Bob Costas made the official Super Bowl XLIX halftime show entertainment in Glendale on February 1st
It’s official! Katy Perry has been named as the halftime entertainment at Super Bowl XLIX in Arizona on February 1st at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. The announcement was just made on Sunday Night Football during halftime of the Dallas Cowboys–New York Giants game.
More from Cardinals News
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023
Whatever you think about the act it is what it is. Never is 100 percent of the NFL fan base happy with whoever they select for the halftime show. This selection will be liked by some, roasted by others. Personally I’m just more concerned with getting the Arizona Cardinals there.
I do like Katy Perry’s stuff. There could be worse. She’s one of the few current pop stars I don’t mind. Now comes the debate which songs she will play. A couple of my favorites actually aren’t even singles. They are tracks from her albums that have not been released. Regardless how I feel, the feelings of others are mixed but I think this raises the audience of Super Bowl XLIX like it or not.