Arizona Cardinals quarterback Drew Stanton did not practice on Tuesday, which was not unexpected
No real breaking news here but still worth mentioning, but Arizona Cardinals quarterback Drew Stanton did not practice on Tuesday ahead of this Saturday’s game against the Carolina Panthers. Ryan Lindley is still the expected starter.
More from Cardinals News
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023
Stanton has missed the past two games with a knee he injured against the St. Louis Rams. Then last week it was discovered that he had to have arthroscopic surgery to clean out an infection. It turns out the infection was not a set back for him.
The Cardinals still feel hopeful that Stanton can start this week. It has been said he is one that does not need to practice in order to be able to start. For me though, it would be nice to see him practice since he has had a long layoff. Of course even if Stanton were to make it onto the practice field this week there are no guarantees he would start. As of right now, the plan is still to start Lindley.
Lindley played better against the San Francisco 49ers, throwing his first two touchdowns of his career. However he still threw three bad interceptions and the Panthers defense has been great the past four weeks during their win streak. They held the Atlanta Falcons to just three points last Sunday in Atlanta.