Arizona Cardinals: Joseph Fauria signed to active roster
By Erich Becker
Big tight end who knows how to score touchdowns signed as Momah goes on IR
Recently of the Detroit Lions up until Saturday, tight end Joseph Fauria was signed by the Arizona Cardinals on Thursday seeing a depleted tight end group as Ifeanyi Momah, one of the bright spots of camp, official had his season come to an end with a knee injury.
More from Cardinals News
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023
Jermaine Gresham and Troy Nikolas are still nursing injuries, however they are practicing which is good for a team with only one healthy TE, Darren Fells, on the roster before signing Fauria.
The 6’7″ 267lbs Fauria played two years with the Lions stacking up 24 receptions for 281 yards and 8 (!) touchdowns, that’s 33% of his receptions going for TDs which means his big body is great in small yardage, goal line situations (where you can see his famous dance moves).
We all hope to see a lot of dancing, very, very soon. In fact, his twitter simply states, “Touchdown Dancer Extraordinaire”.
No word yet on if Fauria will play this week against New Orleans, but it seems like a safe bet in some packages he could be brought up to speed fairly quickly.