Safety Tyvon Branch will rejoin the Cardinals.
To say the 2016 season hasn’t gone as well as the Arizona Cardinals would have like is an understatement. A number of things have gone wrong, contributing to a 4-5-1 record, and them sitting on the brink of elimination from playoff contention. Injuries have certainly been a factor, as they’ve had a number of guys go down on both sides of the ball. There is at least some good news on that front.
Tyvon Branch, who plays safety and as the slot corner, injured his groin in a loss to the Los Angeles Rams earlier this season. He was placed on the IR on October 4th, making him eligible to return after eight weeks. His return means he can play beginning with the team’s match-up with the Washington Redskins on December 4th.
Branch likely will play primarily at the safety position, with
More from Cardinals News
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023
Tyrann Mathieu lining up in the slot, something Branch mostly did before he was injured. He’ll compete with Tony Jefferson and DJ Swearinger for playing time there. He’s able to practice now, and be on the field in week 13. The move means running back Chris Johnson stays on the IR and will miss the remainder of the season.
With the teams struggling, they will count on Branch to help provide a spark to get back on track. He has 22 tackles and 2 passes defensed on the season.