Five Things About the Cards in October
By Scott Allen
We are only three week into the season, however the Calender is about to turn to October. The Arizona Cardinals are getting ready for their trip to play the San Diego Chargers. What do we know about the Cards heading into the month of October?
1. The Cardinals know how to win in October in the Ken Whisenhunt era. Since Whiz took over in 2007, the Cards are 6-3 in the month of October, including 3-0 last season.
2. The combined record of the Cards October opponents this season is 7-5.
3. The Cards will play at least two of their four October games without receiver Steve Breaston.
4. Derek Anderson will be the starting quarterback, save for injury, for the Cards, whether you like it or not.
5. Even if the Cards lose to the Chargers and Saints and beat the Seahawks and Bucs, they would still be 4-3 heading into November. So don't panic the next two weeks. Let's just take one game at a time though. Chargers are definitely beatable. Their offense is great, but that's why they play the games.