A look at Arizona Cardinals draft prospect ILB Eric Kendricks
Linebacker Eric Kendricks from UCLA is one of the top 10 draft prospects that has been linked to the Arizona Cardinals in mock drafts and football experts. Kendricks is the linebacker most associated with the Cardinals going with should they go that route in the first round.
Kendricks was the Butkus Award winner in 2014. He not only led UCLA in tackles but had the most tackles any Bruins player had since 1978 last year. He averaged 10.7 tackles per game. He had two sacks and three interceptions last season.
More from Cardinals Draft
- 5 difficult decisions Arizona Cardinals must make this offseason
- Arizona Cardinals need to look long and hard at Will Anderson Jr.
- 4 Intriguing edge-rushers the Arizona Cardinals can pursue in 2023
- Arizona Cardinals: Fans should expect a different kind of draft in 2023
- Breaking down how many draft picks Arizona Cardinals will have in 2023
Three people who think the Cardinals will take Kendricks:
Strengths: Can play sideline to sideline, good tackler, awareness, ability to change directions
Weaknesses: Weight, not as effective in blitzes
What Twitter says:
My prediction is Kendricks will end up in the first round but not with the Cardinals. He was my original pick and I’ve seen a couple of local media folks change their picks recently from Eric Kendricks to another player. He has all the upside in the world but it’ll be a matter of who is available still at 24 for the Cardinals. If the running backs they want are gone then Kendricks very well could be the guy.