Arizona Cardinals Select Riddick, Nelson In Fifth Round
The Arizona Cardinals selected defensive end Shaq Riddick and wide receiver JJ Nelson with back-to-back picks in the fifth round of the 2015 NFL draft.
Shaq Riddick has great hands a motor that continues to give him consistent production. The Wolverine has speed that will once again help the pass rush for the Cardinals heading into next season. With the draft strategy put in place, Arizona has been able to draft players that will bring speed to their defense. In a division with mobile quarterbacks, it is vital to have a defense that is quick on its feet.
More from Cardinals Draft
- 5 difficult decisions Arizona Cardinals must make this offseason
- Arizona Cardinals need to look long and hard at Will Anderson Jr.
- 4 Intriguing edge-rushers the Arizona Cardinals can pursue in 2023
- Arizona Cardinals: Fans should expect a different kind of draft in 2023
- Breaking down how many draft picks Arizona Cardinals will have in 2023
J.J. Nelson is a speedy receiver out of UAB. Nelson isn’t scared to go up for a ball in traffic. In addition to being a receiver, he is also a decent return specialist. He averaged 38.7 yards returning the ball and also ran 4 back for touchdowns last year. His downside is his small frame and weight. Nelson’s ability to burn past defenders will help the offense to spread out vertically.
The Cardinals will have the last pick in the draft. Let’s see what Arians and Keim can do with the last pick in the draft.
Here are a few tweets surrounding the Cardinals fifth round picks:
More from Raising Zona
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023