Arizona Cardinals: Top 3 match ups to watch vs. Carolina
2. Arizona Cardinals Receivers vs. Panthers Defensive Backs
The bad news for the Arizona Cardinals: All Pro Panthers corner, Josh Norman is going to cover one of the Cardinals’ receivers.
The good news: Josh Norman can’t cover Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd and Josh Brown at once.
The icing on the cake: Josh Norman played less than 2% covering the slot receiver where Larry Fitzgerald usually plays.
Cardinal receivers were only able to pile up 90 total yards in last year’s wild card game. This time around, it will be Carson Palmer throwing the passes. With Norman expected to cover speedster and the Cardinals’ deep threat John Brown and the Panthers providing safety help on whoever is covering Fitzgerald, Carson Palmer will have the tough task of finding different receivers throughout the entire game. It will be the receivers’ job to get open against a staunch Panthers defense.
More from Raising Zona
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023