Arizona Cardinals: Revisiting the 2015 draft class
2. David Johnson, Running back
There isn’t much to say about David Johnson that hasn’t already been said. The guy is an absolute beast. David Johnson finished his rookie season by accumulating 1038 yards of total offense along with 13 total touchdowns. Johnson stepped in and filled the shoes of both Andre Ellington and Chris Johnson in the middle of an NFC West title run. Johnson also showed tremendous poised by becoming the lead back of a Super Bowl contending team and played like an All-Pro veteran.
More from Raising Zona
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023
The Cardinals took Johnson in the third and was arguably the team’s best pick in 2015. If there was a do over, there is no doubt that David Johnson would go in the first round in place of San Diego’s Melvin Gordon. With Johnson’s status as #1 back confirmed, it is exciting to see what Johnson will do with his increase in opportunities to become a corner stone for this franchise.