DE Cory Redding Joins the Arizona Cardinals
By Scott Allen
It didn’t take long after his visit for defensive end Cory Redding to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
The Arizona Cardinals are building themselves a lot of depth on the defensive line. After adding defensive tackle Corey Peters, now they add another Cory. Cory Redding has signed a two-year, $6 million deal. He comes over from the Indianapolis Colts.
More from Cardinals Free Agency
- Daron Payne should be a free-agent target of Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals could pursue Darius Slayton if Mike Kafka is hired
- Arizona Cardinals could pursue Eli Apple if Lou Anarumo comes aboard
- 5 big mistakes that doomed the Arizona Cardinals in 2022
- 5 difficult decisions Arizona Cardinals must make this offseason
Redding does have some age on him. He is 34 years old and entering his 13th NFL season. He will turn 35 in November. He spent the first six years of his career with the Detroit Lions. Them he spent one season with the Seattle Seahawks, two with the Baltimore Ravens and then the last three with the Colts.
He had 35 tackles and 3.5 sacks with the Colts in 2014. He played in all 16 games. For his career he has 412 tackles and 35.5 sacks. He also has two interceptions. He will be a nice veteran addition along the defensive line. Some fans in Indianapolis weren’t so happy to see him leave.
Of course there are some Cardinals fans asking why the Cardinals went after someone older. I should note that the Cardinals signed Redding to a two-year deal but can opt out after one season.
More from Raising Zona
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023