Linebacker Sam Acho spent first four NFL seasons with the Arizona Cardinals
Sam Acho is an Arizona Cardinal linebacker no more. On Wednesday the soon to be fifth-year linebacker out of Texas signed a one-year contract with the Chicago Bears.
More from Cardinals Free Agency
- 5 big mistakes that doomed the Arizona Cardinals in 2022
- 5 difficult decisions Arizona Cardinals must make this offseason
- 4 Intriguing edge-rushers the Arizona Cardinals can pursue in 2023
- What should be the Arizona Cardinals main offseason focus?
- Arizona Cardinals: Allen rises to 23rd on PFF’s Top 100 free agents
At first when I read the news I thought it was an April Fools joke. A joke it appears not to be. Acho has moved on to the Bears who are implementing a 3-4 defense under new head coach John Fox.
Its is a great pickup for the Bears. After seven sacks in his rookie season his production has tailed off on the stat sheet. He missed all but three games in 2013 due to injury. He had just one sack in 2014.
The heart and the effort has always been there for Acho. Acho had a weekly radio show and was one of the more popular Cardinals on Twitter. I know I can’t speak for others but I imagine the sentiment is shared but I will miss the guy. The move comes as a bit of a shock to me but bottom line is the NFL is a business and we all know how it works.
More from Raising Zona
- 3 Arizona Cardinals players who won’t be missed in 2023
- Arizona Cardinals: Do you believe Payton’s take or Bradshaw’s take?
- DeAndre Hopkins future with Arizona Cardinals still a mystery
- Are the Arizona Cardinals looking to add more coaching candidates?
- One bad thing that may come from Arizona Cardinals hiring Mike Kafka