The Arizona Cardinals lost out on the top two running backs earlier in the first round
The pick has been made. With the 24th pick of the first round of the 2015 NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select….D.J. Humphries, offensive tackle, Florida. I’m a little surprised to be honest. The Cardinals don’t have the best track record of offensive lineman taken in the first round.
There is no question Humphries is a good player. He has long arms. He has a big frame and is NFL ready according to scouts. His biggest weaknesses are his strength and he is injury prone. He has missed seven games over the past two seasons at Florida.
More from Cardinals Draft
- 5 difficult decisions Arizona Cardinals must make this offseason
- Arizona Cardinals need to look long and hard at Will Anderson Jr.
- 4 Intriguing edge-rushers the Arizona Cardinals can pursue in 2023
- Arizona Cardinals: Fans should expect a different kind of draft in 2023
- Breaking down how many draft picks Arizona Cardinals will have in 2023
The fact that both top running backs Todd Gurley and Melvin Gordon gone and several of the top pass rushers gone, it shouldn’t have come as much surprise as much as Cardinals general manager loves offensive linemen, but still feel like the Cardinals could have done better here.
Humphries was the fifth offensive lineman taken in the draft. I hope this one works out. We all know what happened to Levi Brown. We know the jury is still out on Jonathan Cooper. Bobby Massie still has to prove a lot, thus why the Cardinals were probably even considering going tackle.
What Twitter is saying:
More from Raising Zona
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023
- Jonathan Gannon will interview with the Arizona Cardinals on Monday