Jul 26, 2014; Tempe, AZ, USA; Arizona Cardinals free safety Tyrann Mathieu (32) waves to fans during training camp at University of Phoenix. Mandatory Credit: Matt Kartozian-USA TODAY Sports
3. Players need days off too, even in camp
Yes, there will be days the players will not be practicing and it will be important to know them. It’s not the shortest drive in the world for some Valley fans out to University of Phoenix Stadium.
The players will not be practicing on the following days:
Thursday August 6th – players are off
Sunday August 9th – players are off following Saturday August 8th’s Red and White Scrimmage
Friday August 14th – this is the day prior to the Cardinals first preseason game against the Kansas City Chiefs at University of Phoenix Stadium
Sunday August 16th – the day after the preseason game
Friday August 21st – the day prior to the Cardinals second preseason game against the San Diego Chargers at University of Phoenix Stadium
Sunday August 23rd – the day after the preseason game
Tuesday August 25th – players off
Camp ends on Friday August 28th. They will practice 2:00-4:30pm before breaking camp. They will take off for California to face the Oakland Raiders on Sunday Night Football on Sunday August 30th.
The Cardinals will practice the final week of preseason in Tempe and that will not be open to the public. Their final preseason game will take place in Colorado at the Denver Broncos. That game is scheduled for Thursday September 3rd.
More from Raising Zona
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023