Arizona Cardinals: Receivers coming up roses so far
By Scott Allen
Aug 1, 2015; Glendale, AZ, USA; Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Jaron Brown (13) jumps during a drill during training camp at University of Phoenix. Mandatory Credit: Matt Kartozian-USA TODAY Sports
He is still considered the number four guy if you ask some, including Kyle Odegard from azcardinals.com. He was asked on Twitter if he thought Brown was a lock for the team after he tweeted that the last receiver spot will presumably come down to Nelson and Golden. He did say he thought Brown was the number four.
The only tweet I could find regarding him over the weekend was that he dropped a pass in the end zone on a play on Sunday. So certainly he hasn’t wowed yet. He is in the mix though. Maybe he picks it up today as the team has its first practice in pads.
Brown shouldn’t rest though. I could see where Nelson and Golden win spots and Brown is the odd man out. That’s what makes this competition one of the best to watch. Brown has all the tools to be a NFL receiver and has shown flashes but the Cardinals need more than that at this point.
More from Raising Zona
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023