Arizona Cardinals: 5 things we learned vs 49ers
By Scott Allen
Sep 27, 2015; Glendale, AZ, USA; Arizona Cardinals running back Chris Johnson (23) celebrates a touchdown against the San Francisco 49ers during the first half at University of Phoenix Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
Finally, we learned that history wasn’t kind to the Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Cardinals, St. Louis Cardinals, whatever you want. Just insert Cardinals and you have more futility than not. After 47 points against the 49ers of all teams, a lot of history was brought up but it is the now and the future that is bright. The Cardinals are 3-0, a place where they’ve been before but they’ve also been 0-3, 1-2 at this point plenty of times.
The defense had two interceptions return for touchdowns and a safety in the same game by any team for first time since the 1945 Green Bay Packers. I told you about the consecutive 40 point performances earlier. It was the largest margin of victory for the Cardinals over the 49ers ever.
More from Raising Zona
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023