15 Things you need to know about the Kyler Murray Contract
Kyler Murray can make Arizona Cardinals history if he plays the entire length of his contract
11) Kyler Murray will make more with this contract than Larry Fitzgerald made his entire Cardinal career.
12) Most of you remember that the Oakland Athletics also signed Murray. Kyler chose right when he chose football. Kyler will now get an average of $46.1MM annually, and the A’s are spending roughly $48.5MM on their entire 40-man roster; in fact, if you would look at just Oakland’s 26-man roster, he will eclipse that number by approximately $4.2M.
13) If Kyler plays the length of the deal, he’ll become the second-longest-tenured quarterback in franchise history, as pointed out by Josh Weinfuss of ESPN behind Jim Hart, who played 18 seasons for the St. Louis Cardinals from 1966 to 1983.
14) The signing of Murray gives the Arizona Cardinals a total of 91 contracts signed. Only the New York Giants have 91 with the Cardinals; all other teams have 90 or below.
15) So, in total, from rookie contract to extension, Murray is guaranteed $225,361,014 through the life of his contracts.