Arizona Cardinals: Top five fantasy prospects
Dec 21, 2014; Glendale, AZ, USA; Arizona Cardinals kicker Chandler Catanzaro (7) against the Seattle Seahawks at University of Phoenix Stadium. The Seahawks defeated the Cardinals 35-6. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
1. Chandler Catanzaro, Kicker
The Cat Man was the best kept secret in fantasy football last season.
Kickers are often what separates you from a victory or defeat each week. I would feel very comfortable with a player like Catanzaro being the difference between a win and a loss. As a rookie, Catanzaro was one of the best kickers in the league, as he tied the NFL rookie record for most consecutive field goals made with 16. He also converted 88% of kicks attempted (tied for 8th best), while making all of his extra points attempted.
Of the 33 kicks Catanzaro attempted in 2014, he only missed 4. His longest came from 51 yards, where he converted 2 out of the 3 attempted from 50 yards or higher. Scoring 124 fantasy points least season, Catanzaro was one of the best fantasy kickers last season.
While I wouldn’t advise drafting a kicker with your first round pick, with there being no guarantees of receivers or running backs putting up consistent numbers each week, Chandler Catanzaro should definitely be one of your most coveted picks.
More from Raising Zona
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023