Arizona Cardinals: Top 5 camp position battles
By Scott Allen
Nov 30, 2014; Atlanta, GA, USA; Atlanta Falcons running back Devonta Freeman (24) runs past Arizona Cardinals outside linebacker Lorenzo Alexander (97) for a long run in the second quarter of their game at the Georgia Dome. Mandatory Credit: Jason Getz-USA TODAY Sports
This is the equivalent of the receiver battle on the offensive end of the field. The linebacker core has a lot of guys on the training camp roster but only so many spots to be filled in the end.
The battle is between rookies Shaw Riddick and Markus Golden and veterans LaMarr Woodley, Lorenzo Alexander and Alex Okafor fighting for those outside linebacker spots. You also have second-year guy Kareem Martin who is listed officially at outside linebacker but is also a defensive end.
That’s six spots in which you may only have room for four of them. I don’t know if both Woodley and Alexander stay. My best guess right now would be the two rookies, Martin, and Okafor make it. Martin however could be the odd man out if both Woodley and Alexander make the final cut. This will be another fun on to watch.
More from Raising Zona
- Arizona Cardinals: Could Eric Bieniemy come to the desert?
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023