Arizona Cardinals: Carson Palmer’s top 5 plays of 2015
2. Fourth quarter redemption touchdown vs Seahawks
Arizona got off to a hot start on the road against Seattle. Four scoring drives and safety put the Cardinals up 22-7 heading into the half. Many expected the game to be over at this point. However, the Seahawks defense stepped up in the third quarter and the early fourth quarter. On back to back drives, the Seattle pass rush forced two sack-fumbles on Carson Palmer. One of these was returned for a touchdown, and the other returned to the Cardinals one yard line, and ultimately culminated in a Seattle touchdown. At this point, the Seahawks took a 29-25 lead.
After fumbling on two straight drives, many though the Cardinals wouldn’t be able to make a comeback and that the Seahawks had too much momentum. Carson Palmer had other plans. Starting at their own 17 yard line, Palmer lead the Arizona offense down to Seattle 14 yard line in 5 minutes. With the pass rush in his face, Palmer floated a pass over two Seattle defensive backs to Jermaine Gresham in the back of the end zone.
Arizona later iced the game with Andre Ellington’s 40 yard touchdown on a draw play. Arizona essentially put the division away after building athree game lead in the NFC West.
More from Raising Zona
- Would Jonathan Gannon be a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Arizona Cardinals: Budda Baker right in his take regarding the next coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 3 reasons new coach should want to work with Murray
- Arizona Cardinals special teams could be completely revamped in 2023
- Jonathan Gannon will interview with the Arizona Cardinals on Monday