By this point, most of you, if not all of you reading this article, know and realize that Kyler Murray and the Arizona Cardinals have put all the bad blood, social media scrubbing, and posturing behind them and have signed an extension.
But, what are the particulars of the extension, the interesting details that the two sides thought they actually needed to get pen to paper and signatures on dotted lines? Here are 15 things you need to know about the new contract between Kyler Murray and the Arizona Cardinals.
1) It is not a new contract; it is an extension. Although he was already signed for two years, this contract adds five years to those two years, making him an Arizona Cardinal until the 2028 season and, in total, paying him roughly $265.5MM over the total seven-year period.
2) According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the new five-year contract is worth $230.5MM.
3) Deshaun Watson recently signed a contract worth $230MM; it is no coincidence that Kyler’s contract is worth $500,000 more.
4) Keeping with the Deshaun Watson theme, his contract is fully guaranteed. Kyler’s contract has $160MM guaranteed. That makes Kyler second in the league regarding total guaranteed mon, ey according to spotrac.com.
5) Murray now has the second-highest average annual value of any QB contract in the NFL at $46.1 million per year, according to Spotrac.com, and is only bested by some guy named Aaron Rodgers.